External Funding/164 Review
Projects are often funded by External Funds. These funds can include Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah State funds, Bureau of Indian Affairs funds, Indian Health Service funds, and other Federal funds. When projects are funded by external sources the Navajo Nation MUST accepts the funds via the 164 Review Process. The process is as follows:
- The Project Sponsor Receives a Copy of the Funding Award Letter.
- The Project Sponsor Submits a Scope of Work to the Funding Source.
- The Funding Source Prepares the Grant Agreement and Gives it to the Navajo Nation.
- The Capital Projects Management Department (CPMD) prepares the 164 Review Package, which includes:
- Award Letter
- Grant Agreement
- Scope of Work (SOW) for the amount of the awarded
- Budget (for the amount awarded)
- Review and Surname of 164 package.
- Division of Community
- Navajo Nation Office of President & Vice President Review & Approval
- The Capital Projects Management Department (CPMD) sends package to Funding Source.
- The Funding Source Approves the Agreement and Sends it Back to the Navajo Nation.
- The Office of Management & Budget (OMB) Issues Business Unit Number.
- The Capital Projects Management Department (CPMD) sends Letter to Project Sponsor informing the funding is ready for use.
- The Capital Projects Management Department (CPMD) authorizes Lead Agency for Project Implementation.