Administrative Service Center
Administrative Service Centers
(928) 871-6221 Central WR
(928) 871- 7189 Fax
Established in 2016 within the Division of Community Development of the Navajo Nation.
The purpose of the ASC is to:
- Provide technical assistance and training for Chapters to become self-governing units of local government;
- Monitor and ensure Chapters comply with all Navajo Nation fiscal policies, procedures, and laws when tracking, receiving, allocating, and expending all funds;
- Assist Chapters in establishing sustainable Chapter operations; and
- Assist Chapters in preserving public trust in the government.
Goals of the ASC
- Train and provide technical assistance to Chapters by incorporating the Local Governance Act (LGA), Title 26 into the Chapter’s policies and procedures.
- Enhance Administrative Support
- Enhance Professional Development and Team Building
- Promote Financial Accountability
Direct Local Supervision
110 Navajo Chapters
The ASC program’s purposes are to provide planning services and guidance to 110 Navajo Chapters specifically relating to project planning, infrastructure development, community land use planning, and guidance in the implementation of Five Management System (FMS) and policies.
The designated supervising Chapter Official provides Direct Local Supervision of the Community Service Coordinator (CSC) at each Navajo Chapter. In the absence of a designated Direct Local Supervisor, the SPPS has full direct supervisory responsibility until designation changes.
The CSC supervises the Chapter’s Accounts Maintenance Specialist (AMS) and Public Employment Program (PEP) participants for each Navajo Chapter.
Currently, there are 45 LGA Certified Chapters which are managed and operated locally.
CENTRAL ADMINISTRATION ASC
Ms. Sonlatsa Jim-Martin, Department Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deidre Dale, Administrative Assistant Email: email@example.com